The thyroid gland is located in the front of the neck. These glands help control the rate with which the energy sources are used, body’s sensitivity to other hormones, and protein synthesis and hence, it’s important to keep the thyroid levels healthy. According to National Institutes of Health, approx. 1 percent of the U.S. population is affected with Hyperthyroidism, while about 5 percent of the American population suffers from Hypothyroidism. There are umpteen natural ways to treat your thyroid condition that can work as medicines for both hyper and hypothyroid.
What causes hyper and hypo thyroid?
There are many reasons behind increased or decreased production of hormones.
What leads to hyperthyroidism?
- Autoimmune disease of thyroid tissues.
- Dysfunction of the thyroid axis.
- Thyroid cells not reacting to the hormone produced by the pituitary glands leading to autonomy.
What leads to hypothyroidism?
- Lack of enough iodine intake with food is one of the crucial reasons of hypothyroid.
- Inflammation of the thyroid gland leading to Hashimoto’s thyroiditis is another reason.
- Use of certain medications can also reduce the production of thyroid hormones.
How can we fix Thyroid ?
- Use of natural herbs : Herbs like Ashwagandha, flaxseeds, licorice, or ginger are some of the natural medicines for both hyper and hypothyroid that helps boost immunity, improve digestive health, heal upset stomach, or boost energy.
- Head massage : A relaxing ayurvedic head massage is one of the best healers for gout due to hypothyroidism, that’s caused by overproduction of uric acid. It’s one of the best medicines for both hyper and hypothyroid.
- Foot massage : A foot massage with application of pressure on the points that relate to the throat chakra can help control thyroid levels.
- Yoga Asanas : Practicing yoga regularly, especially sarvanga asana, and matsya asana, helps ease pressure on the neck and control thyroid hormones imbalance.
- Ayurvedic medicines : You can also take ayurvedic medicines from a trusted brand that’s 100% safe and works on targeted problems while you follow a healthy lifestyle with balanced diet and exercise.
So, simply follow the above remedies as the medicine for both hyper and hypothyroid and make your thyroid glands healthy in no time!