Leucorrhoea (also known as Leukorrhea) is a thick and sticky white coloured discharge (from the vagina of a woman) and is a common condition among women. In most cases there’s nothing to worry about unless it has a foul odor, there’s irritation, itching or any discomfort. But, if it’s acute infection the discharge could be yellowish or greenish in colour.
According to the statistics from the Ministry of Health, nearly 90% women get gynaecological disease. This rate increases from 15% to 27% each year. It is noticeable that not only married women but also young women who have never had sex are no exception to this disease.
Symptoms of leucorrhoea
- Stomach ache, indigestion, or constipation are common symptoms during this condition.
- You can also suffer from fatigue and headaches.
- Visible dark patches under the eyes is another symptom that’s commonly seen.
- You can experience pain in low back or around the thigh region.
There can be quite a few reasons for the condition though.
Causes of Leucorrhoea
- Primarily leucorrhoea can be caused by hormonal changes or hormonal imbalance, especially due to surge in oestrogen.
- STD or a vaginal infection can also be the reason behind the greenish or the yellowish discharge along with a foul smell.
- Diabetes, anaemia, any injury to the vagina, or not following proper hygiene can be some of the other causes behind leucorrhoea.
- This condition can also be caused due to stressed lifestyle, improper diet, indigestion, constipation, or lack of iron in blood.
- Menopausal woman can also suffer from Leukorrhea .
Ayurvedic medicine for Leucorrhoea
There are different herbs like Ghrit Kumari, Manjishtha, Neem, Ashoka, Lodhra, Guggul, Kumari, Haritaki, and Vibhitaki that can be beneficial to treat the condition. However, the ayurvedic medicines for leucorrhoea also contain the same ingredients in their formulation. Given that the herbs are not readily available always, it’s wiser to consume ayurvedic medicines that are made of these ingredients. Make sure that you buy it from a reputed brand that 100% safe to consume and lists the ingredients used in the product in what percentage. This encourages transparency and increased trust on the brand.
So, get rid of leucorrhoea today with a trusted ayurvedic medicine for Leucorrhoea and lead a healthy life.