Often people have a rough voice and cough for a really long time. Sometimes, these are also accompanied by pain in the abdominal area or chest and inability to breathe properly. Mostly all these symptoms point out to Bronchitis, a respiratory disease. This blog offers an informative guide on Bronchitis, reasons to get it and how it can be treated in a natural way. Have a look:
Bronchitis is basically a respiratory disease where an inflammation or irritation is caused in Bronchi, the passage through which air reaches to the lungs. This disease is mainly characterized by the inflammation of mucus membrane in the bronchial passage of lungs.
Reasons to get Bronchitis:
Bronchitis can be of two types: chronic bronchitis and acute bronchitis. The main reason of getting Bronchitis is the inflammation of bronchial tubes through bacteria, viruses or through any other irritant particles. The main cause of getting chronic bronchitis is damage of the airway tissue and lungs and repeated irritation. Smoking is one of the main factors of getting this type of bronchitis and other causes include dust and fumes from the environment, long term exposure to the air pollution and repeated episodes of acute bronchitis.
On the other hand, the main cause of getting acute bronchitis is the viruses that usually cause cold and flu. Besides, this is also caused by bacterial infections and through the exposure to different substances, which irritate the lungs like dust, tobacco smoke, air pollution, vapors, fumes etc.
Natural remedies to get rid of chronic bronchitis:
- Steam inhaling: By inhaling steam, it is actually possible to thin mucus naturally and this way bronchitis can be treated. For the best results, you can add a few drops of peppermint oil or eucalyptus oil to the water.
- Add spices to your food: By adding spices like salsa and cayenne pepper, it is actually possible to stand bronchitis. These spices thin mucus by encouraging coughing.
- Consume warm soup: Often people find it hard to it while having bronchitis. So, you can eat consume warm soup instead to thin the mucus as well as to keep your tummy full.
- Drink plenty of water: Drinking water is considered beneficial in treating bronchitis as this soothes the throat and this also hydrates the system and this way ensures a really speedy recovery.
- Have honey and lemon: If you have bronchitis, then add honey and lemon to the diet. You can have these by adding to your tea. Honey will help you to coat the throat while lemon will offer necessary antioxidants. You can even add these to plain warm water to make a drink.
- Last but not the least, you can also consume cough syrup on a regular basis to treat bronchitis effectively. This is a complete ayurvedic product and therefore is completely safe and has no side effects.
Yes, bronchitis is painful but there is nothing to be worried about. With the right natural remedies, it is actually possible to treat this condition.