Everyone desires to have flawless beautiful skin. But often it becomes impossible to get it because of the spots on the skin. The spots on the skin are mostly caused by a skin condition known as Melasma. This blog offers some information on Melasma, what causes it and the remedies to take care of this issue.
What is Melasma?
Melasma is basically a skin condition, which is known as the mask of pregnancy or the chloasma. In fact, this is a really common blue-gray or spotty brown spot of facial skin discoloration that most of the women face in their reproductive years. This type of spot mainly emerges on the areas like forehead, upper cheeks, chin and upper lips of women aged between 25-50 years.
Different causes of Melasma & Hyper-Pigmentation:
Melasma is more common in women than men. Although this type of skin condition is more prevalent among people of color, the stimulation of melanocytes results in increased production of melanin and this, therefore, causes melasma. One of the major triggers of this skin condition is UV radiation or sunlight. Apart from that, there are some other causes and these include pregnancy, malfunctioning of the thyroid gland, anxiety, stress and use of certain medications and cosmetics.
Ayurvedic treatments for curing Melasma and Hyper-Pigmentation:
As mentioned in Ayurveda, there is a pacific therapy in eight different steps for around 28-40 days for curing chloasma completely. This therapy mainly works toward rectification of blood circulation by way of skin, which revitalizes and detoxifies itself. Although the result is slow, it definitely gives the best effects than any other chemical based or modern creams. Here are some other ayurvedic treatments for curing melasma:
- Application of Aloe Vera: As mentioned by the modern researchers, it has been confirmed that Aloe Vera includes mucilaginous polysaccharides (MPS), which is really effective in lightening dark spots. This also lightens and mitigates the brown spots and other blemishes.
- Application of turmeric paste: Turmeric is really important in Ayurveda because of the antioxidants and skin lightening properties. This is also effective in treating melasma. All you need to do is to mix 5-6 tablespoon of turmeric paste or powder with milk and then add one tablespoon of gram flour to that mixture. After that apply the final mixture to the affected areas and wash after 30 to 35 minutes.
- Application of oatmeal or orange peel: Mix oatmeal or orange peel with milk and then apply it on melasma infected areas. Then leave the mixture for around 30 minutes and then rinse this off with warm water.
- Application of lemon juice: This is another effective remedy to cure melasma. Lemon includes citric acid that lightens skin. Applying lemon juice is also quite easy. Just squeeze, apply and then rub and rinse after 20 minutes.
- Apart from the above all therapies, there is another Ayurvedic paste “Chander Mukhi” that can be applied on the chloasma to get rid of it. This is a complete natural paste and has no side effects.
So, by following these Ayurvedic therapies, you can actually get rid of melasma. And can get a beautiful looking skin that others would envy.